Thursday 9 February 2012

Doors sincerely

Hi All,

Today I've decided once again to change the direction of my blog and talk about architecture, or an architectural feature to be exact, the humble door.  Yes, that rectangular shaped object which demarcates inside from outside and plays as important role in creating an impression about the people who live behind it as much as a book cover does for the contents of a book.

As I wrote in my last post, I hate to be superficial, but let's face it, first impressions are the most common way we initially perceive people and objects.  So, if you ever happen to find yourself having to choose a door, spend some time thinking about what your door may say about you.

The good thing about choosing a door is that unlike a great pair  of shoes, you do not need to spend a fortune, and you'll only ever need one front door.

To prove my case, I went to the library of images about my travels that I’ve been building over the years and categorising into subjects such as Doors, Windows, Food, etc so that I can share with you some inspiration of what lies behind the humble door.
Bali

Tel Aviv

Greek Islands

Prague

Verona

Greek Islands

Tokyo

Kyoto

Sydney

London

London

London


Sydney

London


New York


4 comments:

  1. Nicely done Anna! I came over from your comment on my post in Active Rain. I'm heading over to see your post on red next. I am cracking up as I look through your post titles! Clearly "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your nice comment Laura, glad you like it. It is fascinating how people who never met could think alike!

      Delete
  2. Thankyou to find your views on another Interior Design apart from the predictabel.

    Noma Copenhagen was open eyes taste - I have not been there - maybe one day, but now I think outside your season - not to eat living very fresh.

    I live next door to architect Utzon - Opera - here north of Copenhagen in front of the swedish coastline and Kronborg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply depends... Who is in the driver's seat? the Architect? the Interior Designer? the Contractor? Who are you? who? who? who? Tell me who are you... If desired, look at 'secrestArt.com' a few custom front entries will awake, tell me what you think, secrestltd@aol.com... Randall e Secrest

    ReplyDelete