Tuesday 21 February 2012

Windows at a glance

Hi All,

Since I ventured into the area of architecture (see the previous post), I think it is only fair if I mentioned something about another architectural feature  - the window. 

If the door plays a role akin to a book cover, would it be right to call the windows book flaps? And as book flaps offer an overview of the book without revealing the whole story, so do the windows grant you just a glimpse of what’s inside. 
But that's where the similarity ends.  If the content of the book flap caught your attention, reading the book will be the obvious way to satisfying your curiosity, but windows never reveal the identity of what and who lies behind them...

The images that I would like to share with you today are also a part of my extensive photo library. You might notice that none of the them represents a commercial enterprise of any kind and I have a very good reason for it.  But that is the story for another post.

Meanwhile, please enjoy


Jerusalem
Greek Islands
Tel Aviv
Barcelona
Greek Islands
Prague

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Nice



Nice





London



No comments:

Post a Comment